Monday, July 24, 2017

Lazy Summer Day



It has been very hot and humid here. Yesterday the heat index said it felt like 109 degrees F.  The air-conditioner really can't get the inside temperature more then 20 degrees below what it is outside. So we have been enjoying lazy days. I have been working in polymer clay making  miniature animals, while Kilmouski naps next to me.


 There is a dormer window I put a kitty perch in upstairs. The fabric pillow he is resting his head on is printed with cats. One of which looks exactly like him. That pillow belonged to his predecessor. It still apparently contains the wonderful scent of Honeysuckle after more than 20 years! I wish I could buy him Honeysuckle wood sticks (for cats) but it isn't sold in the USA. You can only get it in Canada. Sadly, they won't mail it to the US either. Catnip just does nothing for him but he thinks Honeysuckle is magic!

20 comments:

  1. Ooooh, Aw..., so cute and so beautiful pictures, dear Catherine ! Can't put my eyes off this sweet little one.

    I send you some raindrops from the storm we got here...after the big heat :)

    Mimi hugs from Pipi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      I would LOVE some of your rain! ;-)

      Delete
  2. What a sweetie! Mine do the same thing.

    We had heat, then rain which was nice for a bit but now we have heat and stupidity... I mean humidity. Same thing really, just pronounced differently.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sheila.

      I can take the heat it is the humidity that kills me!!!

      Delete
  3. I often wonder what animals dream about ...?
    Whatever it may be, this picture of Kilmouski is purrrrfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what he calls me when he thinks about me. haha He sure knows A LOT of words and phases.

      Delete
  4. This is such a lovely calm photo, so restful.
    I wouldn't mind just a little of your heat....it is rather 'cold' here. I love winter, but for some reason I am a bit over-it this year. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is soft and dreamy looking.

      I would take winter over this heat any day!

      Delete
  5. Oh how adorable! I LOVE him sooo much and that second, full body picture, now there is a magazine cover shot! I would submit it for the cover of Cat Fancy magazine, it's one of the best pictures I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you! I do think you're a bit prejudiced when it comes to this kitty though. :-))

    The funny thing I forgot to mention is. That Honeysuckle pillow of was in his toy basket this morning. He took it up there with him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Catherine,
    Kilmouski is just gorgeous. What a lovely way to spend the hot summer days.
    Big hug.
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Giac. I sure would like some of your cool Canadian weather!

      Delete
  8. Kilmouski looks such a peaceful, contented, beautiful cat, who obviously knows exactly how to spend these hot summer days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww, what a lovely picture! He certainly seems happy on "his" cushion! It is wonderful to have a furry companion nearby! We could use a little of that heat... we are cold and wet here... didn't go above 59F yesterday and barely reached 66F today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OK Betsy.. I will happily trade you the heat for some cooler weather! ;-)

    Kilmouski LOVES his cushion. He is the ultimate connoisseur of comfort!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww, he is such a sweetie! And those are really beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete