Monday, February 7, 2011

Colin Bird's Kitchen Table

Just playing while it snows...Again! UGH!

Please click on photos for a close up.

This piece arrived today. It is the table Colin Bird made from the rough piece of yew I posted about not long ago. I wanted to photograph it simply without much embellishing so you could see the wood grain. I feel I have failed to do it justice!!! The top is silky smooth and the color is beautiful.

I told Colin I wanted a table that had a lot of tiny knots in the wood. He sure didn't disappoint me, not in any way. I love his work.

The very happy surprise was how nicely the ladder back chairs go with the color of the table. I bought them last year at the Tom Bishop show to use in a kitchen with no idea where I would ever find a table. What a happy unplanned result. I had no idea if it would work until today.

Thank you so much Colin. It is exactly what I hoped for and more!!!
http://www.colinbird.co.uk/

16 comments:

  1. We sure had a lot of fun shopping for those chairs last spring in Chicago! The table is wonderful and a smart commission for your dollhouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore your table Catherine, I can certainly understand your pleasure with it. The timber markings are so beautiful....it makes a wonderful setting with the chairs....and the little doggy too of course!

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fine furniture in miniature! Beautiful combination of chairs and table. Catherine, you have a discerning eye. I spy Kiva's veggies in the bowl...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karin... YES! We did have fun. I loved every minute of being there and meeting you. I am going to miss you not being there this April!!! :-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catherine, The table came out stunning! Amazing to think this is the wood that you had shared with us! Colin finished it off perfectly! The chairs look fab with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The table is awesome. It's truly incredibly perfect. A new fabulous addiction to your collection. Rosanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is a superb wood for the miniature table and great great work! LOVE the table top. Lucky you Catherine! And thank you so much for the link.:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the table and it is a perfect match with the chairs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the table is beautiful!! i love all the little knots!!! And what a nice surprise that the chairs match with it so well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How magnificent is that table! It's so wonderful and just so perfect! I'd be chuffed to bits with that! :o)))

    Michelle xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really an outstanding work,I love the table !Jeannette

    ReplyDelete
  12. A dreams come true :-)
    Mini hugs, Flora

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the new photo you have just posted! The table shows off all the items beautifully while the lovely timber top is still visible.
    Very pretty Catherine!
    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I agree with Linda.
    Among other things, the details of green highlight the wood grain and enhancing it further.
    Wonderful :-)
    Flora

    ReplyDelete