Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Delightful Mail Today


Some time ago Marie http://recreationminiature.blogspot.com/ posted a miniature theater on her blog. It was made by Dominique Autin. I absolutely fell in love with it. Which must have been obvious in the comment I left her about it.

Today the mailman brought me a little magic from France. Marie sent me this lovely miniature theater. :-) I think they are fascinating. I love the the images on the theater surround, the colors and the story happening on the stage.

Thank you so very much Marie!!! It is such a charming and special treasure.

Catherine XXX

I have made the photo smaller. I don't want it to be so deceptive in terms of its true size.

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic work,I understand that you can't resist :-)!It's a MUST HAVE !!!Jeannette x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sure was one of those things that kept me awake the night I saw it on her blog. I was pea green. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful little theater!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhhhhh...Little Red Riding Hood...one of my favourite fairy tales(-:
    I saw Dominique Autin's work in the Paris Exhibition , all she does is just beautiful!!
    Lucky you !
    Hugs,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Catherine, that is the most adoreable little theatre...I guess we are all pea green now...lol!!!

    Linda x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you like the one I have choosen for you. Dominique is really talented.
    Enjoy !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many years ago I made a miniature theater in metal. It was about the same size as this one is. I was made of several different metals sterling silver, copper, bronze, brass and gold. It is one thing I that sold that I am sorry about.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Catherine, Your theater is wonderful! I love Dominique's work! There are some really great French miniaturist's that make the most incredible miniatures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had never heard of her until I saw it on Marie's blog. YES! There are so many wonderful French miniature makers. I love the furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It is a tiny jewel, you are a lucky girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is delicate and beautiful! :-)

    ReplyDelete